In these recent years, there are a lot of electronic devices introduced to serve the demand of people such as smartphones, smart TVs, and so on. Among all of them, smartwatches are favoured by numerous people.
Although it has tons of useful functions, most users said that they find it hard to go online. Well, if you’re having the same issue, don’t worry. In this post, we will show you how to connect your smartwatch to the Internet. Check it out now!
How to use 3G on your smartwatch
For those users who often travel between places or just simply spend most of their time on the streets, then 3G is absolutely their best solution. Follow the instruction below to get your smartwatch connected to the internet!
Step 1: Insert a SIM card and a memory card into your smartwatch
First of all, to use 3G on your smartwatch, you’ll have to insert your SIM card and your memory card into it.
- Firstly, remove the back of your watch. Using your fingers, carefully lift the back of the smartwatch and set it aside. A small note is to do it gently to avoid broken levers.
- After lifting the back, you can quickly spot the SIM card slot and the memory card slot.
- Gently push the SIM card slot following the direction noted next to it, and place the SIM card into the holder.
- Then, lock the SIM card in its position using the lock. You’ll hear a “click” sound after it is set.
- Apply the same technique to the memory card in the Micro SD slot.
- After finishing inserting the SIM card and the memory card, put the cover back and turn on the watch by holding and pressing the power button on your watch until the music and the screen are on.
Step 2: Register 3G
Now, if you’re SIM card has already been registered 3G, you can skip this step and go straight to the final step. If you haven’t, please follow the instruction below:
- Method 1: Register directly. As its name states, this method requires users to go to the nearest office of their telecom carrier to which their SIM card belongs. At the office, the staffs will instruct you to register 3G. Just fill in the form, and you’re done.
- Method 2: Register via SMS. For busy people, they can also register 3G via SMS. And actually, we recommend everyone using this method as it’s extremely convenient. Depending on the telecom carriers, there will be a different syntax in correspondent with a different 3G plan. Please refer to the carrier’s website to choose the suitable plan for you.
Step 3: Connect your smartwatch to the Internet using 3G
After registering, now you can turn on 3G on your smartwatch by:
- Open Menu and go to Settings.
- Choose Connectivity the select Data Accounts.
- Then click on “Add PS Account”
- There will be 3 blanks displayed on the screen. You can fill in the “Account name” and the “Username” blank with any name you like.
- Scroll down to the APN section and input the information of the carrier you’re using. For examples, if you’re using Viettel, insert v-internet. If you’re using Mobifone, type m-wap.
- Then choose “Save” and restart the device so that your smartwatch receives the data.
How to connect your smartwatch to Wifi
Different from using 3G, getting access to the internet via Wifi is much easier and quicker. It’s also extremely convenient if you don’t have to travel a lot. To connect your smartwatch to Wifi, please follow the steps below:
- Open Menu and go to Settings
- Choose Connectivity the select Data Accounts
- Then click on “Add PS Account”
- There will be 5 sections displayed on the screen. The “Account name” blank will be the last thing you need to fill in
- Scroll down to the APN blank, and insert “0” . Remember that if you insert any other letters or numbers, you won’t be able to connect to Wifi
- After saving the APN section, you now have to fill in the “Username” section
- In the “Username” section, type the Wifi name that you’re using. For examples, your Wifi name is D-Link, fill D-Link into the blank. Then save it.
- After that, write your Wifi password in the Password section and also save it. For examples, if your Wifi password is 123456789, fill in 123456789. A little note is that you should set your password strongly so that your information and data are more secured.
- Next is the Auth Type section. In this section, please choose the normal option.
- Now, you can go up, and fill in your Account name. You can also leave it blank, too. The system will automatically name it Account 1.
And you’re done. In case you want to add a new Wi-Fi, choose “Add PS Account” and create a new one following the steps above.
To sum it up,
Now, you have already known everything you need to connect your smartwatch to the Internet. If you have any further questions, please ask us in the comment section down below or contact us. We’ll be pleased to help you out! Thank you.